In today’s digital world, web browsers play an important role in our daily lives. Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers, known for its speed, imagination, and user-friendly features. Suppose you are a Windows user looking to install Google Chrome through Microsoft Installer. In this guide, we will discuss the steps to easily install Google Chrome MSI on Windows.
First, understand the meaning of Microsoft Installer.
Read More: SMS Technology and Its Effect on Literacy
Meaning of MSI
MSI stands for “Microsoft Installer.” It is software used for the installation, maintenance, and removal of programs on Microsoft Windows operating systems. Its files contain information and instructions for installing and configuring software applications. When you run an MSI installer, it guides you on how to set up the software on your computer.
Why choose MSI for Google Chrome installation?
Before we discuss the installation process, let’s see some reasons why we should choose Microsoft Installer for Google Chrome installation:
- Efficient Deployment: It allows you to deploy software across multiple computers.
- Customization: You can customize the installation settings to meet your specific requirements.
- Silent Installation: MSI installations can be performed silently.
Now, let’s start the installation process.
Step 1: Download the Google Chrome MSI Installer
- Visit the official Google Chrome Enterprise website at https://enterprise.google.com/chrome/browser/.
- Click on the “Download Chrome MSI” button. This will download the MSI installer file to your computer.
Step 2: Launch the Installer
- Locate the downloaded Microsoft installer file on your computer.
- Double-click the file to start the installation.
Step 3: Customize Installation Settings (Optional)
- Here, you can modify the installation options depending on what you like.
- Options like the installation location, shortcuts, and automatic updates are also selectable.
Step 4: Begin the Installation
- Once you have configured the installation settings, click the “Install” button to start the installation process.
- After the installation, you will see a progress bar for status.
Step 5: Completion and Launch
- Once the installation is complete, you will see a confirmation message.
- Click “Close” to exit the installer.
- Google Chrome has been successfully installed on your computer.
Additional Tips and Considerations
- Automatic Updates: Google Chrome is designed to keep itself updated automatically. And you can control and manage updates using Google Updates.
- Group Policy Management: For centralized management and policy enforcement, you can use Group Policy settings. Google provides templates for configuring various aspects of Chrome.
- Silent Updates: By default, Google Chrome updates itself. This makes sure that you are always using the latest version with the latest security features.
By following these steps, you have successfully installed Google Chrome through MSI on your Windows system.
Read More: GPS Technology Pros and Cons